CSW’s Laura Wright Presents at AICC Meeting
CSW President Laura Wright recently presented a talk on “Trends and Innovations in Corrugated Converting” to a Region 10 meeting of the Association of Independent Corrugated Converters (AICC). Her presentation covered trends such as:
- shorter timeframes for packaging development
- increased demand for converting litho label art to direct print on corrugate
- the challenges presented by diecutting recycled board for a wide variety of presses.
In each case, Ms. Wright offered an innovation developed by CSW, an AICC member, to solve the issue:
- HUB online portal for better approvals management
- X-Corr digital plates for optimizing print quality in label art conversions
- Polytop MX for more efficient cutting and stripping of recycled board.
In addition to hosting regional networking and educational meetings, the AICC also organizes national events and an annual Independent Packaging Design Competition. This year’s national AICC meeting will be held September 28-30, 2015 at the Omni Fort Worth Hotel in Fort Worth, TX.
Posted by Karen Leet, MarCom Manager